Re: C-l while in menu?

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: C-l while in menu?
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 17:33:51 +0200

>     Simon> Yes, but menu accelerators doesn't seem to work by default
>     Simon> in XEmacs [undex unix].
>
> They don't; you have to explicitly enable them (on a one-shot basis)
> with `accelerate-menu' or (permanently) by setting the
> `menu-accelerator-enabled' variable.

It appears to me that accelerate-menu is not really necessary.  One
could make it so that F10 (or whatever) selects the menu bar, and
then hitting an underlined key will select that menu.  So people can
press F10 f to get the file menu.

With your suggestion, they have to press F11 M-f (if accelerate-menu
is bound to F11).

Am I misunderstanding something?

kai
--