Re: across terminals

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: across terminals
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 14:20:46 +0300 (IDT)

On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, Richard Stallman wrote:

> I have never seen a terminal that did not have these characters:
>
> If they do exist, they must be rare

Unfortunately, this isn't true: many national keyboards in Europe don't
have keys for some of those ( {, |, and } seem to be most prone to
this).  You need to press some AltGr-key combination to get them.  IIRC,
\ and _ have some issues on Japanese keyboards.

I remember that someone told me SIGQUIT was a pain in some European
country (Germany?) because you need a combination of keys to produce \.