Re: C-l while in menu?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: C-l while in menu?
Date: 26 Apr 2002 10:23:16 +0900

"Robert J. Chassell" <address@hidden> writes:
> I do find that I have to turn the tops of my hands outward to bring
> my pinkies inwards enough to push on the far lower left and far lower
> right keys -- an awkward, unpleansant, and hurtful action.

Me too; whoever moved the ctrl key down to the corner like that should
be hunted down and forced to type C-A 10,000,000 times.

[Who is responsible, anyway?  I remember when most keyboards changed to
the current layout in the 80s, people mumbled about some `european
ergonomic standard' (conducted on aliens apparently) being responsible for
this travesty but it's IBM and DEC keyboards that I remember changing
first.]

Um, sorry to be so off-topic.  The crappy state of keyboards is a sore
point with me...  Luckily at work I use a `Happy Hacking' keyboard!

-Miles
--
Is it true that nothing can be known?  If so how do we know this?  -Woody Allen