Re: C-l while in menu?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: C-l while in menu?
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 21:20:03 -0600 (MDT)

    > GNOME is the GNU desktop.  In working on GNU packages such as Emacs,
    > we should choose consistency with GNOME, so as to make the GNU system
    > as a whole maximally coherent.

    I guess if GNOME has themes, as I think it has, a seemless integration
    even only from the looks will be pretty difficult, unless using the
    GNOME libs for the UI in Emacs.

That is true, which is why we want to make Emacs work with GTK.
However, that is a different question.  Making the usual appearance
of Emacs more like the default of GNOME is a good thing even if it
is not perfect.

In other words, this side issue isn't really an issue.