Re: across terminals

From: PPAATT
Subject: Re: across terminals
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 11:44:16 EDT

> Subj:  Re: across terminals
> Date: 4/26/02 8:26:19 AM Mountain Daylight Time
> From: address@hidden (Kai Großjohann)
> If I were you, I'd just bind C-c <X> where <X> is a non-ascii
> character.  Then [ perhaps via C-h n view-emacs-news]
> you read the NEWS files for each new Emacs, in the
> unlikely event that future versions will bind such keys.

Eh?

If the GNU Emacs developers do mean to support binding shifted uses of keys
that conventionally self-insert chars outside of US-Ascii ... then I should
consider all of those key sequences reserved for the user?  Not just C-c x
but also C-x, where by x we mean the unshifted but not-US-Ascii key?

Or I should consider all of these keys reserved for Emacs?

Or else by "what occurs commonly works well; what occurs less commonly works
less well", when I see the doc not discuss this issue I should clue in and
work harder to imitate an American at the keyboard?

Pat LaVarre