Re: across terminals

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: across terminals
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 19:47:24 +0300

> From: address@hidden
> Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 11:44:16 EDT
>
> If the GNU Emacs developers do mean to support binding shifted uses of keys
> that conventionally self-insert chars outside of US-Ascii ... then I should
> consider all of those key sequences reserved for the user?  Not just C-c x
> but also C-x, where by x we mean the unshifted but not-US-Ascii key?
>
> Or I should consider all of these keys reserved for Emacs?
>
> Or else by "what occurs commonly works well; what occurs less commonly works
> less well", when I see the doc not discuss this issue I should clue in and
> work harder to imitate an American at the keyboard?

None of the above.  Just find the keys that aren't bound in any of the
modes you frequently use, and use them for your own bindings.  As
Stefan told you, users do that all the time.  I'm quite sure most of
the developers do that as well; I certainly do.  If later you bump
into some feature that conflicts with one of your bindings, change it.
That's all there is to it, really.