Re: Bad configure check

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Bad configure check
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 11:38:43 -0600 (MDT)

    The test is performed to see if we can install `update-game-score' as
    setuid to a specific game user. If we can't, then we don't make it
    setuid, and just default to putting game scores in each users' home
    directory.

You could always use try using chown when installing
update-game-score.  If it fails, don't make it setuid.

When a game runs, it can check at run-time whether the program is
setuid, and act accordingly.

No need now to check anything in configure.