Re: API changes

From: Colin Walters
Subject: Re: API changes
Date: 28 Apr 2002 01:48:21 -0400

On Sat, 2002-04-27 at 09:39, Ben Wing wrote:

> Recently I also added the function
>
> (truncate-string-with-continuation-dots STR END-COLUMN &optional DOTS-STR)

I use something like this in several of my packages, and I think it
would be useful to have in Emacs.  If there are no objections from the
other Emacs people, I will implement it.

Ben, are you willing to contribute the docstring to Emacs?  I don't know
if you have assigned copyright for Emacs or not.  If not, may I ask that
you just post quick paraphrases of the docstrings?

On the other hand, perhaps this docstring comes in the "under 10 lines"
definition; I hope one of the other Emacs people can say whether or not
we can use it.