Re: kill ring menu

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: kill ring menu
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 19:36:16 -0400

> I have moved all the killing stuff out from simple.el into kill-ring.el;

I think that's a good idea, but as Miles pointed out, it makes the patch
"unreadable", so please make the change in two steps.

> Finally, I'm not totally satisfied with the manual additions; there are
> some bootstrapping issues, since we haven't discussed windows at that
> point in the manual yet, etc.

You'll need to add kill-ring.elc to the list of files to pass
to make-docfile (in src/Makefile.in) if it's preloaded.

> +(defun font-lock-fontify-on-text-properties (beg end &rest plist)
> +  "Match areas of text which have text properties with faces.

By "have text-property" it seems you mean "have non-nil text-property".
Check `default-text-properties' to discover that the two notions
are actually different.

        Stefan