Re: kill ring menu

From: Colin Walters
Subject: Re: kill ring menu
Date: 29 Apr 2002 00:34:31 -0400

[ No need to CC me, I do read emacs-devel ]

On Sun, 2002-04-28 at 19:36, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > I have moved all the killing stuff out from simple.el into kill-ring.el;
>
> I think that's a good idea, but as Miles pointed out, it makes the patch
> "unreadable", so please make the change in two steps.

Ok.  Please find a version of the patch attached which keeps things in
simple.el.

It's not arranged as nicely as I would like, but it does show pretty
clearly that there are almost no changes to previously existing
functions.

> You'll need to add kill-ring.elc to the list of files to pass
> to make-docfile (in src/Makefile.in) if it's preloaded.

Thanks, I'll remember to do that.

> By "have text-property" it seems you mean "have non-nil text-property".
> Check `default-text-properties' to discover that the two notions
> are actually different.

Docstrings fixed, thanks.