Re: kill ring menu

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: kill ring menu
Date: 29 Apr 2002 16:09:27 +0900

Colin Walters <address@hidden> writes:
> Fixed, thanks.  I take it with these comments that you are satisfied
> with the rest of the patch?

Er, rather I'm picking off low-hanging fruit.  I'll look at the rest of
the diff now that it's in easy-to-read format (I trust you intend to
move the code back into kill-ring.el, BTW, since it seems like a good
idea, aside from making the patch hard to read).

> If that isn't true, then I have to spend time deleting lots of duplicate
> messages.  Or I have to set up a complex email filtering system, which
> also takes my time and is difficult to manage.

...or your MUA can discard duplicates.  This is not hard, and is clearly
the right `technical solution.'

> If I can't change this, then I just hope that a polite request at the
> top of my messages will at least prevent me personally from being
> CC'd.  And again, it's just a request; nobody has to listen to it.
> But doing so will make my life easier.

If you put the following header in your messages, then some MUAs (at
least Gnus, and probably others) will do this automatically:

I suppose a cute hack would be to have the mailing list software
automatically insert such a header into message from people it knows to
be on the list (but maybe that would cause other problems, I don't
know).

-Miles
--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.  --Nietzsche