Re: lisp/ChangeLog coding system

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: lisp/ChangeLog coding system
Date: 29 Apr 2002 20:49:27 +0900

> At the very least, the defaults in Emacs should be to identify
> identical characters (eg, those from the Latin-## subsets)

If you turn on `unify-8859-on-encoding-mode', it will do that for the
latin-x stuff.

>     Stefan> non-MIME coding-systems should be in the "unlikely" list, tho.
>
> There is no unique "the unlikely list".

I think what Stefan was suggesting was to call the tail-end of the
`likely' list (e.g. the list used for decoding priority) `unlikely'.
These are language-environment specific.

-Miles
--
Yo mama's so fat when she gets on an elevator it HAS to go down.