Re: decode_eol and inconsistent EOL

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: decode_eol and inconsistent EOL
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 23:18:14 -0600 (MDT)

    I agree.  Not that I have actually seen any program on the Mac that
    does this.  But since we are talking about pathological cases,
    anything may happen.

Anything may happen, so any policy we choose could sometimes give
wrong results.  The issue here is about which policy tends to give
correct results.  Therefore, to argue that a policy *could* be wrong
is neither here nor there.  That is true for all the alternatives.
Will it really happen in practice.