Unclear text in NEWS

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Unclear text in NEWS
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 15:19:24 -0600 (MDT)

I can't understand this NEWS item because of all the passive verbs.
The subjects which were omitted are crucial to understanding the
meaning.  Can someone explain this to me?

    ** When using M-x revert-buffer in a compilation buffer to rerun a
    compilation, it is now made sure that the compilation buffer is reused
    in case it has been renamed.

Please try to *avoid the passive voice* when writing
text for NEWS, for the manuals, and even for comments.