Re: Enhancements to "minor-mode-map-alist" functionality.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Enhancements to "minor-mode-map-alist" functionality.
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 01:14:35 -0600 (MDT)

    It is a list of alists with the same format and interpretation as
    minor-mode-map-alist.

Would a single added alist do the job?

    Alternatively, an element may look like (lambda . FORM) where FORM is
    evaluated and should return either nil or a cons (SYMBOL . KEYMAP);

That seems kludgy and ugly.  I would rather allow replacing VARIABLE
with a boolean expression.  Wouldn't that be enough?

I think this is the sort of area where it is better to make smaller
extensions, not larger ones.