Re: enhanced select-safe-coding-system

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: enhanced select-safe-coding-system
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 16:16:26 -0600 (MDT)

    > Does anyone see a problem with these changes?

    Shouldn't we disallow saving a file whose coding: says something
    different from the actual encoding?

I don't think so, but in any case that's a different issue.  Whatever
we think about that question, that is NOT a problem "with these
changes."  It is about something that these changes do not alter.

I have not seen any problem *with these changes*, so I think
they should be installed.  I will install them today.