Re: kill ring menu

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: kill ring menu
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 12:25:53 -0600 (MDT)

    Well, I can make it smaller.  I really do think that a *lot* of users
    will use it if we make it a core feature.  I think it's much easier to
    use than typing "C-y M-y M-y...". That is why I put it on M-y, which has
    no use if not preceeded by C-y.

Using M-y would be convenient, I agree.  However, it might be a
nuisance for people who type it by accident.  I do that from time to
time.  Right now I just get an error message when I do that; the
nuisance would be to get this menu instead.

    Perhaps we could ask the other people on emacs-devel what they think?

Ok.