Re: RMAIL bails out with coding-system-error

From: David Kuehling
Subject: Re: RMAIL bails out with coding-system-error
Date: 05 May 2002 12:57:09 +0200

>>>>> "Richard" == Richard Stallman <address@hidden> writes:

> Does this make it work right?
> [...]

Yes.

BTW, the origin of the reported occurence of that bug seems to be the
use of Mule-UCS.  In rmail.el, line 1660, the following code is used to
add an X-Coding-System header to mails, using the last coding system
used:

             (insert "X-Coding-System: "
                     (symbol-name last-coding-system-used)
                     "\n")))

When I received the mail, the last coding system I used was one of the
coding systems that came with Mule-UCS.  After temporaryly disabling
Mule-UCS, that coding system wasn't known any more...

Using the last coding system is after all a little confusing.  Maybe
`default-buffer-file-coding-system' would be a better (and more
predictable) choice?

David Kühling