Bad result from stat/fstat on W95

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Bad result from stat/fstat on W95
Date: Sun, 05 May 2002 18:02:58 -0300

I´ve been trying to bootstrap Emacs (from CVS) on Windows 95 and I get
errors about C:/emacs/lisp/xxx.elc (for any xxx.el) not being writable,
and C:/emacs/lisp/ not being a directory.

I think the problem is related to one of these changes:

2002-04-28  Jason Rumney  <address@hidden>

        * w32proc.c (syms_of_w32proc): Get true file attributes by default.

        * w32.c (stat, fstat): Use file index information to generate
        inodes for directories where available.

I´ve reverted the changes and after some fiddling I´ve got a working
Emacs.

AFAICS, the problem does not happen on W2K/XP.

--
Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden>