Re: RMAIL bails out with coding-system-error

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: RMAIL bails out with coding-system-error
Date: Sun, 05 May 2002 20:26:24 +0300

> From: Simon Josefsson <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 05 May 2002 17:11:50 +0200
>
> I wasn't clear, I meant: Is it used for anything upon receiving a
> message with that header from the network via email?

The X-Coding-System header should be never seen in any message
received from the network.  It's something RMAIL adds when it
processes the message, but never sends it anywhere except storing it
in the processed mailbox.

> Of course, RMAIL should probably make sure that X-Coding-System is
> removed when forwarding messages, so other RMAIL instances isn't
> confused.

The X-Coding-System header is not sent with outgoing messages.  At
least it shouldn't; if you see one, it's some bug somewhere.