Re: Insert Euro symbol

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Insert Euro symbol
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 11:54:14 +0200

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:

>> I started writing changes to add ways to enter some additional
>> characters, shown below.  But I have doubts about whether these
>> sequences are good ones.  They might be inconvenient.
>
> A lot of them are inconvenient IMHO since they occur very frequently
> e.g. in writing emails.  What do you think about having sequences of
> three characters?  The first one is a kind of escape character, say,
> `C-.', followed by your two-character sequences (or a one-character
> sequence if that makes sense).

I think if the input method makes doubled characters insert
themselves, there is not much of a problem.  For example, even if
there were a lot of sequences involving SPC, users could easily
type SPC SPC to insert a "real" space character.  (Of course, SPC was
chosen as an extreme example.  We want to stay away from SPC.  But
less-often used nonletters would be okay.  For example, how about the
@ character.  As long as @ @ inserts an @ sign, it wouldn't be
difficult for people to use.)

kai
--