Re: Enhancements to "minor-mode-map-alist" functionality.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Enhancements to "minor-mode-map-alist" functionality.
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 22:59:19 -0600 (MDT)

    > That may be true, but I'd like to see what the issue is more concretely.
    > If cua and viper tried to use one alist, what would they have to do
    > to prevent it from being messed up?  What does "messed up" mean in this
    > context?

    Changing the sequence or removing an element from the alist.

I don't understand--could you be less cryptic?
That does not seem to answer either one of my questions.
It is not the right kind of answer for either one.

    Even with one list, this may be unlikely to happen in practice, but I
    don't understand why this is a big issue.

Adding one list is less change from what we have now.

Are you concerned about the order of the list?
If so, could you explain when and how the order matters?