Re: Assignment of misc packages for emacs

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Assignment of misc packages for emacs
Date: 08 May 2002 10:16:05 +0900

Alex Schroeder <address@hidden> writes:
> >>     - - colordif.el [small]
>
> VC diff output is already colored in my Emacs.  Plain diff is not,
> however.  Thus I think that the mechanism used for VC diff should be
> used for plain diff as well.

Also note that `diff-mode', which is what VC diffs are `colorized' with,
also offers many useful features for manipulating diffs -- navigation,
applying/unapplying of hunks, format conversion, direction reversal, and
even sane editing of the diff file [it automatically adjusts the line
counts for you].  It's quite snazzy...

There was some small issue that interfered with it being used for `M-x
diff' output, but my vague memory is that it was pretty trivial (my
recollection is that I thought the proper solution was to say `fuck it'
and use diff-mode anyway).

Perhaps Stefan can fill in the details.

-Miles
--