Re: Insert Euro symbol

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Insert Euro symbol
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 07:58:16 -0600 (MDT)

    The "systematic simplification" I have in mind would be that C-x 8
    offers both prefix-style sequences and postfix-style sequences:

        C-x 8 ' e
        C-x 8 e '

Your suggestions all seem advantageous if one assumes that C-x 8 will
continue to be a separate feature.

But we had the very attractive suggestion that C-x 8 should invoke an
alternate input method, with the user selecting which input method.
(The default might be latin-1-prefix.)  I don't see how these ideas
could fit together with that idea.

Are you suggesting that C-x 8 should systematically modify whichever
input method is selected, by adding new sequences based on reordering
the sequences of that input method?