Re: Insert Euro symbol

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Insert Euro symbol
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 07:58:41 -0600 (MDT)

    > Now, if there could be a systematic simplification, such as
    > "You don't need to type ., after C-x 8", that could be worth while
    > because the amount one needs to remember is small.

    The "systematic simplification" I have in mind would be that C-x 8
    offers both prefix-style sequences and postfix-style sequences:

I am not sure we are talking about the same thing.

I was talking about a systematic way for C-x 8 to alter the usage
of whatever input method you have selected for it to invoke.

Are you proposing that C-x 8 would systematically alter the selected
input method to allow prefix-style and postfix-style sequences?
It is easy to do this manually for certain input methods, but may
be difficult to do it automatically to any given input method.