Re: Assignment of misc packages for emacs

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Assignment of misc packages for emacs
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 20:45:05 -0600 (MDT)

    There was some small issue that interfered with it being used for `M-x
    diff' output, but my vague memory is that it was pretty trivial (my
    recollection is that I thought the proper solution was to say `fuck it'
    and use diff-mode anyway).

It seems strange to have a Diff mode and not use it for M-x diff-mode.
Could someone please find out or figure out what drawback discouraged
us from doing this before?