Re: Customize fringe

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Customize fringe
Date: 10 May 2002 11:40:50 +0200

> To continue the same example, mouse-avoidance-mode prompts for the
> avoidance method.

.. and we could call it fringe-avoidance-mode  :-)

In any case, I think general fringe on/off will be less useful
once fringes are per buffer/window rather than per frame.

At lease, fringe.el should have some hooks (e.g. an alist) which
automatically selects the proper (default) fringe setup for
various major modes.