Re: Enhancements to options menu (was Re: Reveal mode)

From: Karl Eichwalder
Subject: Re: Enhancements to options menu (was Re: Reveal mode)
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 07:26:00 +0200

Alan Shutko <address@hidden> writes:

> I may be wrong, but I don't think anyone uses DocBook files directly
> for help support.  They all convert it into HTML and use a minimal
> HTML browser.

No. Yelp is the new help browser for GNOME 2.0.  It supports documents
written in Docbook XML (= normalized SGML files), man pages and info
pages.

    http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/pre-gnome2/sources/yelp/

> Most Gnome and KDE docs are really small in comparison to the Emacs
> manual, anyway, and they don't need to face the same kinds of issues
> we do.

Maybe most, but not all.  The Gimp documentation is comprehensive (I
admit I didn't try to view it using yelp).

> The only thing their docs have that we don't is image embedding.

You can apply your own stylesheets (XSL) to tweak the view of the
document -- in Emacs you can customize faces.

--
address@hidden (work) / address@hidden (home):              |
http://www.suse.de/~ke/                                  |      ,__o