Re: CUA mode cursor color

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: CUA mode cursor color
Date: 14 May 2002 14:52:04 +0900

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:
> - the rectangle code uses different cursor colors to indicate padding
>   on/off.
>
> - the cursor color and blink frequency changes when the global mark is
>   active.

I gotta say, putting so many different meanings onto cursor-color seems
pretty cryptic...

> Personally, I found it difficult to separate this from a general
> control of the cursor color based on insert/overwrite/read-only
> status.

Well, as you say below, a separate mode could provide hooks that other
modes could call to attach their own colors too (though I'd tend to
discourage this in all but the most obvious cases).

-Miles
--
P.S.  All information contained in the above letter is false,
      for reasons of military security.