Re: kill ring menu

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: kill ring menu
Date: 14 May 2002 17:36:54 +0900

Colin Walters <address@hidden> writes:
> Info and shell-mode
> So, would anyone object if I changed them to use a
> `font-lock-fontify-region' function?

As has been already stated quite a few times -- yes.

> Then the goal of having every mode use 'M-x font-lock-mode' as an
> interface to enabling and disabling fontification would be complete.

This is a nice abstract goal, but it doesn't seem important enough to
even pay the small unnecessary overhead of font-lock.

If you're so bothered by these exceptions to the `rule', why not just do
it right, and implement one of the simpler suggestions made recently
(e.g., have font-lock check for a buffer-local variable holding a
function to do the work of turning on or off fontification, which
defaults to the current font-lock)?

-Miles
--
Next to fried food, the South has suffered most from oratory.
                        -- Walter Hines Page