Re: Replacement for C-x 8 based on input methods

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Replacement for C-x 8 based on input methods
Date: 15 May 2002 10:21:43 +0900

I think it would also be nice to move the guts of that function into
something like `insert-input-method-char', which takes the input method as
an argument, and then have `insert-with-secondary-input-method' call it.

Then it's easy for people define their own specialized versions (if say
they just really need to insert both latin1 and russian characters
occasionally, but want to use chinese as their default input method).

[I say this, instead of making `insert-with-secondary-input-method' take
an optional argument, because I think the name's not quite right if you do
that -- the term `secondary' is misleading if you're not actually using a
distinguished secondary input method.]

You could even make `insert-input-method-char' be interactive, with the
argument optional and defaulting to `current-input-method'; that way
people could define a prefix to use instead of toggling the input method
on and off (some people may prefer it).

-Miles
--
[|nurgle|]  ddt- demonic? so quake will have an evil kinda setting? one that
            will  make every christian in the world foamm at the mouth?