Re: kill ring menu

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: kill ring menu
Date: 17 May 2002 05:23:07 +0900

Colin Walters <address@hidden> writes:
> Well, since categories are just symbols, we use the usual elisp
> technique to avoid namespace clashes: a (hopefully) unique prefix.  All
> the occur category symbols start with `occur-', all the ibuffer ones
> start with `ibuffer-', etc.

They're not buffer local.

font-lock is supposed to turn on or off faces in the _current buffer_.
With your current code, doing `M-x font-lock' in, say, a shell buffer,
will turn on or off faces in _every_ shell buffer (because they all
use the same category properties).

-Miles
--
Fast, small, soon; pick any 2.