Re: Assignment of misc packages for emacs

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Assignment of misc packages for emacs
Date: 17 May 2002 23:31:54 +0200

>     C-x C-g -> EMACS file: .)emacs c)ustom l)isp s(i)te-lisp e(x)ec s)rc
>
> Are you saying that CUA defines C-x C-g to do something other than
> quit?  That is a very grave inconsistency.  Please reserve C-g for
> quitting, and nothing but quitting.

This has nothing to do with CUA.

It is related to my mini-menu package which defines a command
"find-emacs-file-mini-menu" which shows the "EMACS...." prompt.

My personal binding for that command is C-x C-g, but I would never
suggest that as a default binding for anyone else.

I.e. to open my .emacs file, I just enter C-x C-g . and to open
an emacs lisp file, e.g. simple.el, I use C-x C-g l simple.el RET

But it could be on any other key ...  It was just to illustrate
the simplicity of the mini menu interface.