Re: Assignment of misc packages for emacs

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Assignment of misc packages for emacs
Date: 17 May 2002 23:42:55 +0200

>     > So it's basically equivalent to
>     >
>     > (defun mini-menu (menu)
>     >   (message (mapconcat #'cadr menu "  "))
>     >   (call-interactively (or (nth 2 (assoc (read-char) menu))
>     >                           (error "Unknown key"))))
>
>     Essentially, yes.  There are a few more twists to it, but you got
>     the essentials right!
>
> Are you saying that this new feature is implemented using the
> HierarKey menu feature, as above?  That is good.

Since I wasn't aware of the HierarKey feature, it isn't...  (neither
is the above code).  But I'll change it to do that.

BTW, I've searched the documentation, lisp files, and source files,
it is very vague about these HierarKey menues...

>     However, I was advocating for adding a very simple way for packages
>     to query the user for "trivial" selections as an alternative to
>     using keymaps and adding prompting at the same time...
>
> Could you send me the actual code?

I'll play some more with the HierarKey feature before I do that.