Re: German tutorial fix

From: Francesco Potorti`
Subject: Re: German tutorial fix
Date: 18 May 2002 02:44:46 +0200

       What I think we don't need is to explain, demonstrate, and drill the
       user in basic cursor motion.

   Drilling them is what teaches them to use C-f rather than an arrow key.
   So maybe it is still worth while to drill them.

I think that using C-f instead of the arrow key is very advanced usage.
It is only useful for very fast typists or people that routinely use all
sort of keyboards and setups, so they cannot rely on arrows.  In my
opinion, C-f and friends should not even be mentioned in the tutorial.
I agree that motion commands should be just mentioned in one or two
lines of explanation.

         - Options menu and Customize
         - Frames
         - Region and the mark
         - Command history in the minibuffer
         - M-x compile and M-x grep

Certainly the region is the most important.  Next comes the
customization.  That one is very important for new users.

Maybe frames could be mentioned, but I think that command history and
compile should not.