Re: address@hidden: Re: Problem sending bigger mails with CVS Gnus + CVS

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: Problem sending bigger mails with CVS Gnus + CVS Emacs]
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 11:35:54 +0200

> Does it appear to you that some Emacs primitive ought to handle this
> better?  Perhaps process-send-... needs to handle long data better.
> It has code to try to handle that case, but the code may not work.

There was a bug in process-send-string which prevented sending of more
than n characters in one line (500?).  This used to cause problems in
sql-mode when people wanted to use process-send-string to send entire
buffers to the process.  All lines where shorter than n, and thus
there was no breaking into chunks, and this caused deadlocks with the
process.  I cannot remember wether this was fixed.  The fix would
cause splitting into chunks every n bytes, or every n lines in
addition to the present splitting of long lines.

Alex.
--
http://www.electronicintifada.net/diaries/index.html
http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/US-Israel/hr2506c.html