Re: RMAIL doesn't always recognize rmail-mime-charset-pattern

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: RMAIL doesn't always recognize rmail-mime-charset-pattern
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 19:02:53 +0300 (IDT)

On Mon, 20 May 2002, Richard Stallman wrote:

> Just the opposite--it is right for Rmail to read a Babyl file this way,
> since they are supposed to be saved as a whole using a single coding system.

IIRC, Babyl files saved by Emacs are read by a different branch of code
in rmail-convert-to-babyl.  They don't need to be decoded by
decode-coding-region because they take the encoding from the

But I agree that changing movemail to save the mailbox in mbox format
will solve the problem in a nicer manner.