Re: kill ring menu

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: kill ring menu
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 13:12:48 -0600 (MDT)

    > In principle it is worth putting in a good interface--but what would
    > make an interface better than this one?  What's wrong with this
    > interface?  Could you propose one you think is better?

    I do think the `font-lock-face' interface is quite a bit easier to use.

Can you show a real example done both ways?

    Because the user can specify their own rules for fontifying buffers
    using `ibuffer-fontification-alist'.  The number of rules (and therefore
    faces) is unbounded, so I need a separate category for each rule.

Yes, I guess so.

    Ahhh...yes, I see a way to do it by just referencing back into
    `font-lock-category-alist'.  Still just a little bit more complex than
    I'd like, but it works.  Thanks.

I guess this is ready to install.