Re: address@hidden: Re: Problem sending bigger mails with CVS Gnus + CVS

From: Tak Ota
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: Problem sending bigger mails with CVS Gnus + CVS Emacs]
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 09:03:14 -0700 (PDT)

Jason,

21 May 2002 21:32:00 +0100: Jason Rumney <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am unable to reproduce the problem (I tried sending up to 8.5MB
> with smtpmail.el, but it succeeded), so it would help if one of you
> could debug this further.

I was wondering why you didn't see the same problem.  I now have a
possible explanation.  smtpmail.el's smtpmail-via-smtp calls
process-send-string per message line repetitively therefore the size
of data passed to pfn_send is limited to the maximum line length no
matter how large the message is as a whole.  On the other hand, Mew
uses process-send-region and pushes maximum of 1000 byes out to
pfn_sned at a time.  This difference might be revealing sys_write's
following feature differently.

/* For now, don't bother with a non-blocking mode */

-Tak