Re: kill ring menu

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: kill ring menu
Date: 23 May 2002 15:34:17 +0900

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:
> That's one cool think about this approach, BTW, is that then you can
> maintain multiple `views' of the faces (and invisible regions, etc.) in
> a buffer and easily switch between them.

Oh, and the multiple views wouldn't even have to be `switched between',
then could be each turned on or off individually (by adding or removing
the associated `face alternative' property to/from the alis entry), and
they would be applied to the text in the same order as the alist (e.g.,
earlier alternatives take precedence).

So in effect it allows you to have independent face layers than can each
be turned on or off easily.

-Miles
--
"I distrust a research person who is always obviously busy on a task."
   --Robert Frosch, VP, GM Research