Re: Apropos commands and regexps

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Apropos commands and regexps
Date: 23 May 2002 23:41:44 +0200

I have now added keyword based searching to all the apropos commands.

I have incorporated a number of suggestions on this list, notably
(simple) scoring and matching of synonyms for commonly used terms.
IMHO, it actually works better than I had expected!

So now you can now enter
        C-h a open file RET
and learn about find-file (as the first choice).

And C-h a cut line RET tells you about kill-line!

M-x apropos-documentation RET mouse jump away RET
actually finds mouse-avoidance-mode for you.

There may be some rough edges, but please try it out and
tell me what you think about it.