Re: splash screen display when Emacs is given arguments

From: Francesco Potorti`
Subject: Re: splash screen display when Emacs is given arguments
Date: 24 May 2002 14:06:46 +0200

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

   I agree with you, that the new behavior is awful, but the change was
   intentional.

I thought it was a bug and it would go away soon...

I often call Emacs with a --funcall argument that load certain things,
and now I have to start the session by pressing ^L.

Not the worst thing in the world, but a little annoying.
Okay, I can set inhibit-start-message in my .emacs.

By the way, wouldn't it be wise to have an alias for
inhibit-start-message that contains the word "splash", such as
inhibit-splash-screen or the like?