Re: C-m mapping fails occasionally

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: C-m mapping fails occasionally
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 15:12:12 -0600 (MDT)

    I'm not sure how to evaluate (lookup-key ....),

Type the expression in *scratch* and then type C-j.

                                                    but when I attempted to M-x
    describe-key C-m I got the following message, perhaps it will be helpful.

    #<EMACS BUG: INVALID DATATYPE (#o37777777743) Save your buffers immediately
    and please report this bug>

That is really bizarre.  It suggests that some data is not merely
wrong for where it is, but totally wrong for Emacs Lisp.

Can someone on emacs-devel work with MattK to investigate this with
GDB?