Re: `calc-show-banner'

From: Colin Walters
Subject: Re: `calc-show-banner'
Date: 29 May 2002 03:32:26 -0400

On Wed, 2002-05-29 at 02:06, Miles Bader wrote:
> Hi Colin,
>
> What do you think of the following patch?  I added a variable to control
> whether calc displays `--- Emacs Calculator Mode ---' above the stack or
> not (it seems useless to me, so I don't want to waste the space).

It looks good to me.  Please go ahead and install your patch.

> Also, the patch makes a binding to toggle the banner display (`d @' --
> couldn't find many unbound keys!), but I'm not sure if it's worth it to
> have a command at all, or whether it should just be a .emacs-only variable.

I suspect that few people will use the command, but if you find it
useful I have no objections to it.  If you do add it, could you add an
entry in the manual too?  (And maybe even a docstring if you feel like
bucking the general trend in calc-ext.el :) )