Re: Fonts and Latin-15

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Fonts and Latin-15
Date: 29 May 2002 21:59:03 +0900

"Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/address@hidden> writes:
> You can also use unify-8859-on-decoding-mode to force all those latin-N ß
> chars to be unified into the one and only latin-1 ß.

I used to do this, because otherwise the funny `i' in Pavel's name was
displayed in a ludicrously large font (like double the height of normal
characters!).

The problem was then whenever I edited a ChangeLog file, I'd end up
re-encoding the file in latin-1, which caused complaints.

I think what I _really_ want is something like `unify-8859-on-display-mode',
which wouldn't affect anything except display.

-Miles
--
Yo mama's so fat when she gets on an elevator it HAS to go down.