Re: Please pretest Emacs 21.3

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Please pretest Emacs 21.3
Date: 30 May 2002 11:26:29 +0900

"D. Goel" <address@hidden> writes:
> Does one really need to have a shell-account with savannah in order to
> be able to check out emacs21.3?  If so, does one really need a PGP or
> GPG working to be able to do that?

No, you shouldn't need any of that.

See the web page

   http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group_id=40

for more details on how to check emacs out of the CVS repository.
Anonymous access is probably fine for this usage.

When you give the `cvs co' command, you should add Eli's
`-r EMACS_21_1_RC' option just after the `co' part of the command line
[on the web page, there's other junk between `cvs' and `co', which you
still need].

> (PS: i don't know what RC or CVS is.. is that important to know? )

Um, a bit.  You at least have to make sure you have CVS installed!
If you can type `cvs --help' and get an answer, then that's probably
enough.

-Miles
--
Come now, if we were really planning to harm you, would we be waiting here,
 beside the path, in the very darkest part of the forest?