Re: Emacs mode for GDB - 2 questions

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: Emacs mode for GDB - 2 questions
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 21:56:18 +0100

Miles Bader writes:

 > Actually, the tool-bar/image greying-out already uses real `greyed
 > colors' instead of a stipple like the menu-code used to (I'm not sure
 > the exact algorithm it uses, but it basically seems to reduce the
 > brightness/saturation of all the colors in a disabled icon).

Yes, but can I use this for images in the buffer and, in particular, in the
display margin?

The elisp manual says :

   Here is a list of other properties that are meaningful for all image
types:...

:algorithm ALGORITHM'
     The `:algorithm' property, if non-`nil', specifies a conversion
     algorithm that should be applied to the image before it is
     displayed; the value, ALGORITHM, specifies which algorithm.

     Currently, the only meaningful value for ALGORITHM (aside from
     `nil') is `laplace'; this applies the Laplace edge detection
     algorithm, which blurs out small differences in color while
     highlighting larger differences.  People sometimes consider this
     useful for displaying the image for a "disabled" button.

but I can't get this descriptor to do anything. (The images on the
toolbar buttons work through the descriptor `:enable')

Nick

(Miles - sorry about extra copies, I'm still learning to cc to mailing list!)