Re: A different color appears in the unused screen lines

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: A different color appears in the unused screen lines
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 20:52:07 -0600 (MDT)

    I believe setting the background color of the default face sets the
    frame's X window background color via frame parameters.  The function
    x_clear_end_of_line uses XClearArea which doesn't use a GC; it clears
    with the X window's bg color.

That mechanism sounds like it ought to work, if all the parts of it
are really functioning.  Do you know how we can diagnose this any
further?