Re: How am I supposed to make a buffer read-only?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: How am I supposed to make a buffer read-only?
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 20:52:13 -0600 (MDT)

Having C-x C-q lock a file and check it in was a smooth fit with RCS,
but less so with CVS.  Perhaps we should put C-x C-q back to
toggle-read-only.  However, I think that calls for a poll of the users.
That calls for someone to analyze the results.

To properly analyze the results is not just a matter of counting how
many vote yes and how many vote no.  It calls for noting down the
reasons people offer, and which kinds of users they are.

Is there someone who does not feel strongly on the issue
who will volunteer to analyze the results of a poll about this?