Re: Assignment of misc packages for emacs

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Assignment of misc packages for emacs
Date: 06 Jun 2002 10:24:44 +0900

BTW, I find the fact that these keyboard-menus pop up immediately kind
of disconcerting (sort of unemacsy).  I think if the user hits the
prefix key immediately followed by another key, it shouldn't display
anything (right now if you do that, you see the menu quickly flash by,
no matter how quickly you type).

How about instead making them use the delay in `echo-keystrokes', so
hitting a `menufied' prefix key wouldn't display anything until after
the standard delay used to start echoing keystrokes in the echo area.

Perhaps instead there ought to be a separate delay used for keyboard
menus (maybe shorter?).

Thoughts?

-Miles
--
Is it true that nothing can be known?  If so how do we know this?  -Woody Allen